This project was completed in September 2020 and features an exposed aggregate concrete finish that was seeded with 1/2" ULTRA Grade glow stones.
How to do an Exposed Aggregate Concrete Finish with AGT™ Glow Stones.
- Pour the concrete and float the surface smooth.
- Seed AGT™ Ultra Grade Glow Stones or AGT™ Commercial Glow Stones onto the surface of the setting concrete.
- Next, trowel the glow stones into the concrete so they are just covered by a thin layer of fresh concrete.
- Now, spray a concrete retarder on top of the concrete slab. The liquid retarder slows the concrete curing process on the surface of the concrete.
- After a period of time, pressure wash the concrete surface to reveal the glow stones and concrete aggregate beneath. *Always follow the retarder company's instructions regarding how long to keep the retarder on the concrete surface before washing.
- Finally, seal the concrete surface with your concrete sealer of choice.
The below images uses AGT™ ULTRA Grade Aqua Blue Glow Stones - 1/2"
This is what the exposed aggregate concrete looks like with the AGT™ ULTRA Grade 1/2" Glow Stones after pressure washing and sealing.
Beautiful glowing exposed aggregate concrete surface - ready to be enjoyed for many years to come!